Having an indoor or an outdoor wedding or reception is a big decision to make. The recent theme over the past year is the “barn wedding”, but what is the right venue for you?
There are a lot of things that one needs to consider when choosing a venue for their wedding or reception. Some but not all include:
- The size of the venue. You need to make sure that all of your guests fit in the venue and that it is not too cramped or too spacious.
- Privacy. Take into consideration your surroundings and where your reception is taking place.
- Lighting. Make sure that your venue is well lite. You do not want to feel like you are in Hollister where you cannot see six feet in front of you.
- The acoustics or sound system of the venue. One thing that people love to do at a wedding is dance and you need to make sure that the sound system works properly and produces good quality sound.
- The dance stage. Is it going to fit all of the guests? Do you want a dance stage?
- Has the right theme. If you are looking for a more rustic wedding with fall colors you may want your venue outside or if you are looking for a more traditional venue maybe look for something indoors.
The barn wedding has become very popular and booming on Pinterest and elsewhere over the past year. Many people love the rustic theme with the burlap and peach color scheme.
Jessica, a newlywed, went along the lines of a “barn wedding” and had her reception on her parents’ farm. She had her ceremony in a traditional white church up on a hill.
Some women, like Jessica, know exactly where they want their wedding and reception to be. “Choosing a wedding venue was by far the easiest component to plan”, said Jessica, “mostly because I knew where I wanted to get married at since I was about 13 years old.” Jessica’s reception was under a canopy of lights with the dance floor underneath and tables surrounding it for all the guests.
Other women are unsure yet of where they want their wedding and reception. It is okay if you are not engaged yet or newly engaged,
Many women fight with the decision of having their wedding and/or reception indoors or outdoors. Some fear that the weather will ruin their big day. That it will be too hot or too cold. “Inside is more predictable”, said Kendra, a bride to be, “It would have to be perfect weather for my wedding to be outside.”
What state are you in? If you are in a state that has very unpredictable weather, like Florida, you may want an indoor wedding.There are definite pros and cons to having an indoor versus and outdoor wedding, but as the bride it is ultimately your decision. Here are a few things to look at when deciding whether to have your wedding and/or reception outdoors or indoors:
- What time of year is your wedding going to take place?
- What kind of theme is your wedding?
- What season is it? If you have allergies this may be a big factor in deciding where your wedding/reception will be.
These are just a few things to consider when picking out your venue whether it is indoors or outdoors. Just remember that this is your big day so you make all the decisions and do what you want to do.